Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Going, going, gone...

The word is out...
We are moving!
We have a lot of changes fast approaching our family.
1. Jeff was accepted to medical school. I think we have decided to go to the school in Kansas City, Missouri. KCUMB has everything Jeff was looking for, and more. I'm hoping that we will get into a city that is a great fit for our family, and possibly even have a yard in our new home.
2. In order to pay off some debt (Applying to medical school is ridiculously expensive!) and put some money into savings, we have decided to move back to Oregon. It has been just over a year and half since we have been back, and I can't wait to see everyone.
3. Jeff was offered a job at Oregon State University working in a research lab. They want him to start the middle of December. Jeff starts medical school in August of next year, so we will be living in Oregon until then.
4. We will be visiting family in Missouri for Thanksgiving, and then leaving from there to Oregon. We are trying to get everything packed up so we can put it in a storage unit while we are in Missouri. It's been interesting trying to pack with two toddlers and a baby, but Jeff keeps reminding me that it will all get done.

I'm nervous, anxious, but excited about all the changes that are coming up. It has been so neat to see all of Jeff's hard work paying off, and we are so proud of him. I'm already starting my long list of things that I want to do when we get back to Oregon. Hopefully these next few weeks will go fast, so that we can enjoy the holidays and feel a little more settled. Wish us luck!

15 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

Yay all the way around! Good for Jeff and all his hard work! I'm excited for you to come back to the promised land for a little while anyway! hehe Good luck getting everything packed and ready!! Let me know if you need anything! ;o)

maggie said...

so excited for you guys. Congrats!!!! we will only be a few hours apart again when we move back to nebraska in july. yippee! good luck packing and getting everything arranged.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you'll only be like 2 or 3 hours away from us when you move to KC! You'll love it there. It is a great city. Big enough to have fun, small enough to enjoy raising a family. I see some holiday and family celebrations together in the future!!!! Best news all day!

Karen said...

so it's official... while we are sad to lose you guys, this is a wonderful opportunity for your family. i'm so glad everything is working out for you!!! we'll miss you though :o)

Brady and Brittney said...

Yeah for moving back to Corvallis!!! Hopefully you'll end up in 2nd ward!!!

Dan and Bec said...

We are really going to miss you guys. Dan has loved having Jeff around, they have sooooo much in common! I hope you have a great time in Oregon as you gear up for medical school. Let me come take your two older munchkins so you can pack....sometime next week!?

loradona said...

Hooray for Oregon! And congrats on all the exciting changes.

Anonymous said...

So exciting, Shauna! Good luck with the packing. I don't envy you.

Jenn Mize said...

So fun and exciting for you guys! :) We'll have to try and get everyone together after the new year and do dinner or something. :)

Safire said...

We are going to be so sad to loose you! But I know that you will be happy wherever you are. :) Congrats to you guys and all your hard work paying off!

Wendi said...

Congrats!

Kate the Great said...

Yay!!! So are you guys going to be living with your folks? Does that mean you will be in the 'true' ward?

Let me know if you guys need anything. When you get here I will touch bases with you and see how I can help you get settled!

Kirsten & Midge said...

We are getting ready for you.

Peggy Glasmann said...

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

Lollidale Farm said...

I heard the news from Jeff on Thursday. As sad as it is to see you guys go, I'm excited for you! You will bring so much to yoru news area!