Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Memories

There has been so much rain this Spring, and Easter day was no exception. I'm glad I made the kids get dressed up in their Easter outfits earlier that week, so I could snap some pictures of them. I think they all look adorable!










Jeff and I have decided that we are going to do Easter egg hunts on Saturday. It just seems like it is a much better way to do it, so that Sunday can be focused on the real reason for the holiday.

On Saturday we had our two nieces visiting, so they jumped in on the fun.
The weather was beautiful on Saturday so we decided to have the egg hunt outside.

A picture of the sidelines: Uncle Patch, Papa, Baby Lincoln, and Mimi

They look like three little ducks in a row.
Maddy was really good about helping the little ones find their eggs.
On Easter Sunday my sister came up with the rest of her family. Here are a few pictures of all the grand kids together.

On Easter Sunday my sister and her family ended up hiding 270 Easter eggs. Somehow Jeff, Lincoln, and I missed the whole hunt. Yep, not a single picture from that hunt. It was a good thing our family did one on Saturday, or I would not have had any pictures of the kids finding Easter eggs.
The Easter Bunny did pick up some things for the kid's Easter baskets. Was I the only one who saw these marshmallow suckers at the $1.00 store? I thought they were so cute.

Bella even let Daddy snag a quick bite.

After his nap, Lincoln enjoyed his first Easter. He got new sippy cups and a teething toy in his Easter basket.
We attempted a family picture, but it is still a work in progress. : )

Whenever I think about Easter I always think about our first Easter with Bella. We were able to make it home from Vegas just days before Easter Sunday. Easter always reminds me of new beginnings, and moments of renewal. I love how are family was eternally impacted so close to the day that we get to remember the Savior's atonement for each one of us. I look at these pictures of my family I know that no matter what comes our way that we will get through it, because we have each other and the love of the Savior.

No comments: