With all the snow that has hit us recently (FYI - They say we have more snow coming our way on Monday. Is it spring yet?) we have been trying to come up with fun, creative things to do indoors.
A rousing game of candy land is always fun entertainment.
Except of course when your little sister keeps sitting on the game board.
Jeff planned another one of his fantastic canning activities. He was able to can 36 cans of miscellaneous items. Travis and him were very productive, and the kids and I tried to stay out of their way.
We did let the kids scavenger the floor for all the dried apple pieces that didn't quite make it into the cans.
One thing I have always loved about our local farms market in Oregon is their homemade kettle corn. To be honest it was one of the main reasons why I would go. I found this recipe for kettle corn and thought I would give it a try. It's amazing!!!
We invited the Lundell's over for a movie night (Madagascar) and some fabulous kettle corn.
At Christmas time my mom sent us a train gingerbread kit. We never got around to doing it, so it really came in handy over this past week.
Bella grabbed a piece of the gingerbread before I noticed, and was loving it.
The final product.
We built forts in our living room, and enjoyed snack time.
We also made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
I let the kids decorate, and it was quite the experience. Luckily I had put a cookie sheet out so it made clean up pretty easy.
Last night Jeff hired a babysitter and took me out to dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day. We had a FANTASTIC night, and it was so enjoyable to spend some time with my wonderful husband. We found this restaurant called Clyde's Tower Oaks Lodge. It was amazing! I told Jeff it reminded me of being in Oregon, because it had a log cabin feel to it. The whole night was just perfect.
Here are a few more videos for your viewing pleasure. I've been trying to upload one particularly funny one, but it's not working. I'll try and see if I can post it at a later date.
3 comments:
Yummm - Clyde's is one of my favorite restaurants - I'm happy you guys have discovered its awesomeness too! Brownie points for Jeff for getting a babysitter and taking you out for a romantic V-day dinner :-)
You guys are so good - I sat and stared the whole time we were homebound. The popcorn was AMAZING - thanks guys! I'll have you know the next day I popped 2 qts. and ate it all by myself! You've started me on a binge... And I don't know why you hired a babysitter - I was home ALL BY MYSELF all weekend and your kids could've come and slept at my house!
Wow, those are some cool moves Bella.
You may have gotten cabin fever with all the snow but I think you will remember spending the time together and that makes it feel much better.
Love,
Mimi
Post a Comment