On Friday the kids and I made Jeff his favorite cake (yellow cake with chocolate frosting). The kids really enjoyed the whole process.
Bella also did a little sampling to make sure it was perfect for her daddy.
Once Jeff got home from work we treated him to his birthday dinner.
We had steak, lobster tail, fresh asparagus, baked potatoes, and rolls.
My handsome boys!
Bella pointing out to daddy that he missed one.
For Jeff's birthday/anniversary I decided to surprise him with a road trip on Saturday.
Here we are driving to....
PHILADELPHIA!
The whole time we have lived here Jeff has talked about wanting to go to Philadelphia and eat a real Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. We dropped our two oldest off at a friend's house (Thanks again Damaris! You are awesome!!!), and hit the road for the three hour drive.
Once we got there we had to decide between Geno's or Pat's.
We decided to go with the original, Pat's, which opened in 1930.
Jeff was one happy customer.
Lincoln was just wondering where the milk was.
We had a little bit of time before we had to head back home to pick up our other two, so we drove around the city. We were able to see where the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was signed. I actually really liked Philadelphia. I thought the people were nice, and the parts that we saw of the city were really beautiful.
Thanks for going with me Jeff, and for putting up with my crazy ideas. I love you lots and am very thankful for these past six years.
On Sunday Logan gave his first scripture in primary, and this time I was prepared. :) We got a phone call on the way to Philadelphia saying that he was assigned the scripture for the next day at church. I think he did a great job with so little notice. He now runs around the house saying, "John ~ commandments!"
Check back in the next few days, because I'm taking Lincoln in for his two month check up. He turned two months on Monday. I'm anxious to see exactly how much my chunky monkey weighs.
4 comments:
What a super weekend! You did a great job Logan and I loved how he took off on a run right after! Such a handsome guy.
Love,
Mimi
That's funny, Lylee had the scripture and prayer on Sunday and read the same scripture!!
All of my videos have a baby crying in the background as well, either that or they are bouncy because I am trying to keep the baby happy.
HOLY COW look at you!!!! Wow I'm so impressed! Okay... maybe I can do this 3 kids thing. How did you cook that whole meal??? How does one make lobster tail? Clearly I need to follow you around a lot more.
Post a Comment