Monday, January 31, 2011

My Very Own Prince Charming

This man...
It's hard to put into words the depth of love that I feel for this man. He makes me happier then I have ever been in my life. He also knows how to get on my nerves (Let's be honest. Don't all wives feel that way from time to time?). But through it all there is no one I would rather be with for eternity. Neither one of us is perfect, but we are perfect for each other.

He works so unbelievably hard for the happiness and joy of our family. For the last few weeks he has woken up every morning at 3:00, so that he can work two jobs. He has been trying really hard to pay off all the debt we occurred for his applications to medical school. With his motivation and drive I'm sure he will succeed.
Often times I feel like Jeff carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. There are many times where he is pulled in different directions, and lots of things are expected of him. He never wants to disappoint people, and would move mountains for the people that he loves.

These shoulders have been a great support to me over the past few years. There have been many times where I have laid my head on his shoulder and cried tears of happiness and tears of pain. In his arms is one of my favorite places to be.
I remember when Jeff and I were dating, I was very impressed with how attentive and caring he was. He loved putting together fun and inventive date nights. It's neat to now see him put those same efforts into the care and love of our children.
Jeff has been my rock and support. He has dried my tears and made me laugh at my lowest of lows. He is always there for us with a hug and a kiss. Jeff is not one who enjoys communicating or expressing his feelings, but I know by his actions that he loves his family. He is phenomenal at demonstrating random acts of service. He tries so hard to make other people happy.
I adore watching this man with these children. Our kids love their daddy, and think that he hung the moon just for them. We had a LONG journey in getting our kids to our family, but seeing little moments like this make it all worth it.
I'm grateful that I get to spend everyday and eternity with this man that I love. He has made my dreams come true. He has stretched me to take leaps of faith, and pushed me to new limits. I'm grateful everyday for the fate that brought us together. He was my missing half, and I'm grateful that with him by my side everyday is better.

No comments: