Monday, May 16, 2011

Tulip Fields

Unfortunately it has been an incredibly rainy winter in the Northwest. Fortunately that meant that the tulip farm was open an extra week. Lucky for us we were able to finally go last week. I always wanted to go when we were living in Oregon, but never got around to it. I must say that I am so glad we finally made it up.

It was gorgeous to see all those rows and rows of tulips. Next to Casablanca lilies, tulips are one of my favorite flowers.

Doesn't it look just like a picture from Holland?


My mom was able to drive up with us as well. She was a little under the weather, but I'm sure all the vibrant colors were a great pick-me-up.





The fields had a play area set up for kids. It was raining the whole time we were there, but the kids still loved it. It did stop raining once we got back to the car and I started taking the kids boots off. Typical Oregon!



One of the kids favorite stops was the cow train ride. We were the only ones on the train, so they could take their pick of which spot they wanted. I thought it was cute that they still chose to sit together.

GORGEOUS!

No comments: