Saturday, November 10, 2007

Logan's Room

We made it through another week. It's been nice to count down the weeks because it just means that puts us one step closer to bringing Logan home. Even though we still don't have an official "due date".

Jeff was gone again this week. I've told him that he is not allowed to leave any more. We'll see if it works. He was able to go up to Washington, and scuba dive off the Puget Sound. He was gone for three days and was able to get in nine dives.
When we were at my sister's house this last week she was showing me the sign she finished for Evie's room. It turned out adorable. I told her that I would post a picture of the one this I made for Logan's room. I thought I would also include some other photos of his room.

The theme of his room was one that I had been thinking about for awhile. When I got home from my mission I went to a conference in Provo, and the artist Simon Dewey was there. I bought a few copies of his work and had him sign them. I thought what a fun idea it would be to put a bunch of pictures of Christ in a baby's room. I figured since they just left heaven then would find it comforting, and I thought it would be a peaceful place for Jeff and I also (especially at three in the morning). I started thinking about what I could add to the pictures to make it a little more baby like. I figured since the Savior is the good Shepard, I could add sheep to the mix also. So that's pretty much what I ended up with: pictures of the Savior and sheep. I really like the way it turned out. I think it is my favorite room in the house.


This is the sign that I made for Logan's room. My mom found the wall stickers (the stars) at the local dollar store.


This is a cross stitch quilt that I made. It was fun to make, but I was glad when I finished it.


This is Logan's crib. His sign hangs above it. I love his crib because it is one of those convertible cribs and there is even a drawer under it.


I made Logan's curtains. They were a fun project. I found the fabric on clearance, and then just cut it into small squares and pieced them together. To hang them on the rod, I made strips with the fabric and attached them with buttons. I was even able to find some fabric that blocks out the sun, and I attached that to the back of the curtains.


These are a few of the sheep that are in Logan's room. I have gotten them from all over. Some have even come from as far as Europe and Mexico. The picture in the center was a planter that I found, but I thought it would be cute to hold Logan's comb, brush, etc.

The rocking chair in the corner was given to me by Jeff. He gave it to me on a Valentine's Day with a note that said he could picture me rocking our babies to sleep in it. How sweet is that!


This is Logan's dresser. When we received it the wood was unfinished. I was able to stain it a cherry color, and it ended up matching Logan's crib really well. Jeff likes the sombrero because he thinks it makes Logan's changing table look like a throne. The picture on the left is a close up of some of the pictures in Logan's room. The picture on the right is a close up of the bookshelf in Logan's room. The lace border is actually a pillow case that I found in Mexico. It is hand made with ribbon and thread. I thought it was took gorgeous to just use as a pillow case, so I thought I should display it. The framed picture is of my older sister and me.

Well, I hoped you enjoyed this little tour of Logan's room. I'm probably not going to be able to write a whole lot next week, because I've got several craft fairs that I'm participating in with my baby blankets. Jeff has been working really hard on a website for me. If you would like to check it out the address is http://sunshinebabyblankets.com/ I still have more blankets that I need to put on the site, but it gives you an idea.

6 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

His room is so cute, it kinda makes me jealouse because we don't have the room for our baby to have his own room yet. You did an awsome job, he will love it!

I also checked out your web site. Your blankets are beautiful. If I had the money, I know which one I would buy!

I will finish my tags for my FHE board this week and then take a picture for you.

the splendid life of us... said...

You should also try putting your blankets on Etsy. It gets a ton of traffic. I believe it is Etsy.com

Jason Young said...

Well hello Miss Martha!!! Logan's room and your blankets are amazing!!! Great Job!!! I can't wait until Logan is there to complete his room :)

mandy

the splendid life of us... said...

Sorry to leave you hangin!! I REALLY like the Nifty Fifties one. Seriously you are very talented!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

LOVE your blankets!! And Logan's room is beautiful. Do you have a machine that preps the blankets for you? Those type of blankets are my favorite, I love to crochet the edge on them. Where do you have the two pieces put together? I've never seen them outside of Utah... share your secrets!! - Jackie (glasmann) Beattie

Chris & Stephanie said...

Shauna,

The room you designed is just wonderful! So serene! I can only imagine that Logan will feel peaceful and safe when he gets there.

I remember you from the University Ward (LOOONNNGG time ago)! And now your mom is my vting companion!

Take care with your sweet little family!

Stephanie Zahlmann