Sunday, June 24, 2012

Family Update Number Two

I figured it was time for another update on our little family becasue it has been a few weeks since the last one.

* Jeff's job situatuion -- Once medical school stopped for Jeff he knew he needed to focus all his efforts on finding a job.  Thankfully for us there is a member in our church ward that owns a pest control company.  Matt and his wife graciously contacted us to let Jeff know they had an opening for a month if Jeff was interested.  Jeff had sent some other applications out, and was waiting to hear back from those, but Matt told Jeff he could still start at his company.  It was a huge blessing for our family! 
   The Friday before Jeff started (he started the following Monday) he recieved a call about coming in for an interview with a science company the following Thursday.  Jeff let Matt know, and Matt told him to go ahead and start training on Monday.  Jeff really enjoyed working with Leo, the guy he was paired with.  It was hard work, but Jeff is a hard worker.  I worried about Jeff working outside in the HOT Missouri weather, but Jeff was excited that he was providing for his family.
   Thursday rolls around and Jeff goes to his interview at Boehringer Ingelheim.  He sits down for his interview, and by the end of the interview he had recieved a job offer as well as a raise.  How does that happen!?!  I guess the interviewer could see what a great find she had in Jeff.
   Jeff started work this past Wednesday, and he is LOVING it!  Everyday he comes home with stories, and a smile on his face.  It is like night and day from where we were a few months ago.  It is so nice to see him happy and excited about life again.  It's a true blessing for our family.  The only downside that we have seen to his new job is that it's a 40 minute commute one way.  If Jeff decides he likes where he's at I think we might be looking into a place with not so long of a commute.  
   Jeff has also been working quite a lot on the Rise Early website.  He has completely redone the look of it, and been trying to get things smoothed out.  Jeff had a little help from his friend Kendall, but Jeff did most of the work himself.  Who knew that he was so artistic?  If you haven't seen the changes yet here is the link: Rise Early.

* As far as the friend situation goes I've been trying to let things go as much as I can.  I've felt like I have tried to mend relationships as much as phsycially and mentally possible.  If nothing ever comes of them at least I know that I have tried my best.  I'm reading a book for bookclub this month entitled, The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews.  There are a couple of quotes from the book that I have enjoyed. "...forgiveness has value only when it is given away.  By the act of forgiving, I am no longer comsumed by unproductive thoughts."  

* On the aspect of my mom, she ended up deciding to come out for a visit.  She is actually here right now, and we are loving it.  It makes all the difference in the world to have someone to talk to throughout the day.  I think I would have had a harder time with Jeff being gone so many hours if it wasn't for my mom coming.  This aspect completely reiterates the fact that I love having visitors come. 



* And last but certainly not least, little peanut seems to be doing well.  We have had several OB appointments and sonograms this past month.  It has been really fun to see our little addition, and know that she is looking happy and healthy. 

Here is one of her most recent profile pictures.  That is her hand up on her forehead, apparently she is already a little diva in the making.
And just for good measure here is a prego picture Jeff took this morning.  


4 comments:

Kirsten & Midge said...

I am glad to see that mom coordinated her outfits with the kids. Nice red, white and blue theme going on and congrats to Jeff on finding a job he likes. Chose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life definitely gets me through the rougher times.

Tia Hopper said...

Your hair is SOO long! Wow! But so happy that things are turning up for you guys! You deserve it. Thanks for the update! Always glad to hear!

Unknown said...

It has been so much fun being here with ya'll. You guys are doing great and have a sweet, amazing family. It's going to be hard to leave but like Grandpa Wayne always said - "Ya can't have the hellos if you don't have the goodbyes."

Lechelle said...

Hooray! What a wonderful blessing (and relief) that Jeff found a job he loves so quickly.
You are lovely by the way