Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our Awesome Dad

I saw this cool idea online about making shapes of the word DAD using your kids.  I found the perfect little grassy sloped patch, unfortunately the kids were not sharing my same artistic view.  I got as far as the letter A before Bella was in tantrum mode and Lincoln went face down on the sidewalk.  So instead of having a cool looking DAD collage, I have the letter A.
But that's okay because the letter A stands for awesome, and our daddy is a pretty awesome guy.

For this Father's Day I wanted to list all the reasons why we think our dad is the best...
A is for affectionate
B is for bear hugs
C is for caring
D is for diligent
E is for energetic
F is for funny
G is for go-getter
H is for hero
I is for incredible
J is for jokester
K is for kind
L is for loyal
M is for magnificent
N is for nurturer
O is for optimistic
P is for passionate
Q is for quick thinker
R is for respectful
S is for steadfast
T is for trustworthy
U is for understanding
V is for valued
W is for wonderful
X is for xtraordinary
Y is for young at heart
Z is for zealousness for life

I asked each of the kids what they liked best about their daddy, and here are the answers:
Logan -- "I love going to the playground with daddy.  He is a good Daddy and funny."
Bella -- "I love him taking me to the CIS, and then more CIS.  He is my teacher."  (Translation: The CIS is our local YMCA pool that has a huge water slide.)
Lincoln --"Dada"  (That is all he kept saying over and over.)

One of my favorite songs that reminds me of Jeff is Danny's Song.
Now I see a family where there once was none, now we've just begun, 
Yeah, we're gonna fly to the sun. 


And even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey, 
And everything will bring a chain of love. 
And in the morning when I rise, you bring a tear of joy to my eyes, 
And tell me everything is gonna be alright. 


Jeff we are so lucky to have you in our lives.  You make everyday brighter with the love you give to those around you.  You are a great father and our kids are blessed to be able to call you Dad.
Happy Father's Day today and everyday!
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
I also can't pass up the opportunity to wish my own dad a Happy Father's Day.  He taught me the importance of hard work, determination, and finding joy in the simple things of life.  I'm grateful to you Dad for all the things you have taught me over the years and continue to teach me.  Thanks for being a great dad and grandfather to my kids.  Love ya!

1 comment:

Lechelle said...

Oh but what a lovely "A" it is! haha
Very sweet post.