Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What We Have Been Doing Lately

We have actually had a pretty low key couple of weeks lately. Which is all right by me, because I think that's how summers should go. Today the kids and I were invited to go with Kirsten and her kids to see a splash area. It was super fun, and great because it didn't cost us anything.
The kids were a little apprehensive about running through the water, but they enjoyed playing in the puddles.




After all that running around the kids decided they needed a snack to refuel.
It was such a fun day. Thanks Kirsten for the invite, and we are looking forward to next week.
We finally got to take Daddy to the pool, so that he could check out the kids cool swim moves.


This picture cracks me up because of the 'lifeguard' sitting three feet away on her chair. Apparently in the state that we live in it's a requirement to have lifeguards on duty at all times. You can't get in the water until the lifeguard says you can get in. What makes it ridiculous is the lifeguards have no idea how to swim. They are here just for the summer from Russia to work as lifeguards. I want that job!
I have also finally decided to take a cake decorating class. I have wanted to do this for years, and Jeff finally talked me into doing it. That is one of the many reasons why I love Jeff so much. He is really amazing at encouraging me to do things that help me become a better person and more well rounded.

Anyway this was my first attempt at cake decorating. As you can see I have a long way to go. I think one of the reasons I love the class so much is the simple fact of getting out of the house and doing something just for me. It's an interesting thing to not have kids climbing all over me, and not meeting every one's demands. I find the class quite relaxing and rewarding.


10 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Cool cake!! I want to know where that free splash park is!

Tia Hopper said...

First of all, your cake is fantastic!!! If that's your first cake, I can't wait to see when you get "good"! I love that splash park, we have some of those too and my kids love them. Except yours had some major spouts that I don't blame the kids for not wanting to run through them! We go to the ones that are lower and less power. :) And the lifeguard situation is really funny! How odd in an apartment complex!

tylerandmommy said...

Maryland is completely backwards with some of its rules. My pool has to have THREE lifeguards on duty at all times, (an contrary to popular opinion, they all have to pass lifeguard training and know how to swim no matter where they are from). We have some from Bulgaria. Also the stupid 15 minute "Rest break" is required by law and retarted. Anyhow, you have some very cute pictures. And if that cake is your first you're WAY better than me. I can't wait to see when you are done with the course as to what your cakes look like.

Lis said...

Thats so cool SHauna!!! I love your cake! Id LOVE to take a decorating class too. Oh and glad you go to take Jeff to the pool! Bellas swim suit is AWESOME!!!

Callie said...

Your cake is excellent. I'll look forward to the updates as the class moves along.

Safire said...

I want to know where the free splash park is too! :)

And your cake is awesome.

Kirsten & Midge said...

All right I will sign you up to make the girl's birthday cakes and Midge's baptism cake!

Karen said...

heehee, i loved the well-rounded comment about taking a cake-decorating class. get it, well-rounded? cakes??? wow, it's been a long day already :o)

good for you for doing something you love!!! you are inspiring, my friend...

Erica and Orlando said...

That cake is beautiful, good job.

Melody said...

I know everyone else has already said it, but your cake was awesome. Have fun taking that class and developing your skills.