Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff

Today is my handsome husband's birthday. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to remind myself how truly blessed I am. I feel so blessed to get to celebrate this amazing man's life. I can think of a million reasons why I love Jeff, and everyday I am grateful that he was born 27 years ago.
These last few weeks have not been the greatest, but one thing that I have been so grateful for is Jeff's faith and patience. When you go through times of trials in life, it makes all the difference to have someone by your side that can lift you up when you are not strong enough to do it yourself. I love that Jeff loves the Lord, and shares that love with those around him.
Jeff's outlook on life reminds me that even though life can be hard, it's also good, and it's OK to smile through it.
I love Jeff's calming spirit. He has a way of putting people at ease, and making people smile. He is such an incredibly calming force in my life.
I love Jeff's patriotism. He loves this country, and the values that the constitution stands for. I love that his favorite holiday is the 4Th of July.
Even though I might not always admit it, I am grateful for all the places that Jeff has taken me to. He has a great love for new places and cultures. That is a wonderful talent to have, and he makes our lives more interesting. :)
I appreciate that he can take the ordinary mundane things (like getting something out of the fridge), and turn them into fun exciting events.
I am so thankful for Jeff's hard work and determination. He is a wonderful provider for our family, and I know that he gives a 110% just to make our lives and those around him better.
I'm grateful for how much Jeff supports me in my hobbies and interests. He encourages and pushes me to find and develop talents that I have.
I adore watching Jeff interact with our children. The bond that he has with them is so strong and yet very tender.
I am constantly in awe of the impression that Jeff is leaving on our children, and myself. We are so blessed to have a father and husband that loves us unconditionally and eternally.
One of the main things that I love about Jeff is that he loves me. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be loved by someone so incredible and amazing.
Happy Birthday Babe! I love you forever and always.
xoxo

5 comments:

Tia Hopper said...

2 great posts!! I'm so glad you have eachother and he is your rock! I'm so glad that you can turn to him in those times and that he can lift you up. I know that Jeff is a great friend and he is a lot of fun! For that I am super duper happy for you!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are a terrific son-in-law - mostly because you love our daughter and our grandbabies so much.
Love ya,
Cathy and Steve

Kirsten & Midge said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Jeff. We want some more throws up in the air soon.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I LOVE that wedding picture, and also the refrigerator picture! Classic! Happy birthday to Jeff and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to both of you!!! YAY you made it 5 years! This is the part where your wedding toaster is supposed to break. (I've been doing research on how many years into a marriage it takes, and the average is 5.)

Anie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JEFF!!!! What a great tribute to him. Loved all the pictures. It's crazy to see your hair so long! And Happy Anniversary to both of you! I loved reading about where you guys were living and what you were doing each year. Isn't is crazy how short 5 years sounds, but how much actually happens in 5 years! That's how I felt on my anniversary this year anyway.