Now that enough time has passed I figure I should document our moving experiences. It was quite the process. It started on Saturday, November 20th when we got lots of help finishing loading up the Penske moving truck. That night we all camped out on our apartment floor. Jeff took off early the next morning at around 4:00 am.
When the kids woke up, Logan complained about not feeling well, but I just chalked it up to having things all out of sorts. While Logan slept the other kids hung out in an empty apartment, while I scrubbed and scoured the apartment all day Sunday. That night the kids and I headed over to the Lundell's house, where Bella graciously got sick-to-her-stomach all over Krista and Travis' bed.
Monday I tried to get all of the last minute things completed. I ended up fighting with the office staff about the condition that we were leaving our apartment. It made me furious that they were saying that we might not get our full deposit back, because we really put a lot of work into our apartment, and always treated our apartment like a home not just a rental.
Now for the really crazy part of the story.
After driving all day from Maryland to Missouri, Jeff finally arrived late Sunday night. He called around and found a complete dive of a hotel to stay in for the evening. At 9:00 am Monday morning Jeff heads over to the storage unit, to meet the people he arranged to help him unload the truck.
Unfortunately no one ended up showing up, so unbelievably Jeff ended up unloading the whole truck himself. I still have no idea how he even did it. As you can see from the picture below we have a lot of stuff, including an upright piano, a chest freezer, an entertaiment center, etc, etc, etc. I was shocked when he told me he moved everything all by himself.
Once he unloaded everything he drove to the airport jumped on an airplane at 5:00 pm and met us at a hotel near the Baltimore airport. We then turned around and all got on a plane at 6:00 am Tuesday morning and flew to Kansas City, Missouri. We then got in the car that Jeff left at the airport the night before and drove three hours to visit our family for Thanksgiving.
Honestly one day I think we will look back at this experience and wonder how in the world we made it through everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment