Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Starts

Does anyone else LOVE the facts that Sundays are a fresh start?  This past week was kind of a forgettable one (cold weather, grumpy kids, cranky mom, etc, etc, etc) so I'm really looking forward to a brand new week.  And even better ~ the start of a brand new month.  Yippee!  

One good thing that came out of this past week, is that I came to the conclusion that I need to do more service.

I really feel like service gives me a purpose and direction in life.  I feel like when I'm helping others I am able to get out of the self-pity mode that I sometimes find myself in.  I think that I am a happier person (which makes our home a happier place) when I am helping other people.  I also think it is a great lesson for my kids to learn the importance of service.  Hopefully by my example they will learn the value of helping others.

I will leave you with a couple of cute pictures of the kiddos.  While we were staying at home last week, I tried to come up with fun activities for the kids to do.  Someone told me about getting a can of beans, and cups for your kids to play with.  We didn't have any dry beans on hand, so I used the next best thing... Cheerios.  Jeff keeps buying boxes of them at the grocery story, because they are cheap. Unfortunately for him no one in the house eats them, so I decided to put them to good use.

Lincoln started out playing with them, and loved it.

Then the big kids got involved, and it became a free for all.
Almost every time we go out someone compliments Bella on her beautiful curly hair.  She really does have AMAZING hair!  But here is a glimpse of what her hair looks like when we stay at home all day, and I do nothing with it.
Check out those lovely curls!
He is debating about whether or not to eat a Cheerio.
Okay, maybe just one.
Or maybe a whole hand full.



Here is to a new week, and a new start.  Bring on February!

No comments: