Friday, June 5, 2009

Mommy and Me

A couple of weeks ago we were invited to a Mommy and Me outing by our friend Candis.  Apparently out here on the east coast every month the city goes all out for moms and their kids.  I really didn't know what to expect, but the day exceeded our expectations.  First off, everything was completely free.  Yep they are speaking my language, and better yet the city puts this event on every month.  Wow!

Bella enjoyed chewing on the free pinwheels that they were passing out.
Alright notice this mob of people.  You would think they were all there to see a rock star or something.
Nope it was just to see Elmo.  Crazy huh?  I think the parents were way worse than the kids, with how pushy they were.
Logan was pretty impressed, but with all the people around this was as close as we got.

Logan really enjoyed all the activities, and I loved the fact that they were all free.
Eventually we ran into Elmo again.  Can you even see Logan?  It's like he disappeared in the big red mass of Elmo.
Check out how happy he is.
We also enjoyed making our macaroni necklaces.
Somehow when we checked into the event we were given free tickets to visit a fancy restaurant in the plaza and make our own pizzas.  I think we did a pretty good job.
One satisfied pizza maker.
We finished the day up with one final picture with Elmo.  I'm pretty sure you can count us in for next months outing as well.

3 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Amazing! Looks like you guys had a great day. And who can beat free??

Tia Hopper said...

One word, Jealous!! Stinken Oregon, you need to appreciate your moms more!

tylerandmommy said...

LOL the picture of Elmo and Logan cracks me up. Tyler has one just like it. I just keep thinking those costumes are soooo hard to see out of (I've been in a few) and you just have to feel around for the kids. I'm glad you guys had fun and that YOU got to do the pizza making! Next Mommy and Me is June 16th.