Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Definitely No Mommy and Me Activity

Today we headed over to another free activity day with the Lundell girls. It ended up involving a mad (literally, crazy) scientist lady. Let's just say that at one point she was trying to teach the kids the laws of physics. It involved a plastic tray, a glass full of water, and her flipping it through the air. The wind picked up right in the middle of her demonstration and she ended up completely drenching one of the small kids sitting in the front row. Did I mention she was quite literally crazy?
I think Bella is saying, "Are you kidding me mom? You expect me to sit here and listen to this wacko?"
On the other hand my two little ones did seem quite impressed with the beauty pageant queen.
After awhile we decided to ditch the science stuff (their dads would not have concurred) and check out the ducks.

We also did a lot of running around to burn off some energy.

























Nothing beats a photo op like a brightly colored Mexican restaurant.









We then took them over to the bookstore, which was also a mad house because unbeknownst to us it was story hour. We let the kids check out the train table, and that's where Logan firmly planted himself.
Bella on the other hand was more impressed with finding stuffed animals and using them to practice the shot put.
Eventually she realized she was in a bookstore and set herself down to enjoy a good book, for about a half a second.
All in all we had a lot of fun, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Thanks Lundell girls for daring the rain with us.

3 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! We thought about going but the ominous clouds deterred us. I also had a bunch of cleaning to do from the diaper shower that I had put off all week. Your pictures are super cute, but I am totally with you on the scientist chick...WHAT?!

Lis said...

I didnt even know it rained yesterday! Lexi has been thowing up since 6am yesterday morning so we thought it was best to HIDE inside and keep our germs to ourselves. Thats too bad it wasnt more fun but at least you guys got to get out and let your kids run wild and free!!! AH!! That mexican place is the BEST place for fun pictures! It has so many fun colored walls. Oh im going to miss this place!!

Tia Hopper said...

Oddly, my favorite picture is them staring at the beauty pageant girl. How funny! Alona wore that same shirt today! I love Bella's little jacket, that girl is ADORABLE!!!