Friday, May 15, 2009

New Foods

I have been trying to teach Bella how to eat using utensils.  This is usually what the aftermath looks like.  Any suggestions or tips from you parents out there?

Now that Bella is walking she is getting into everything.  This is what I found the other day when she dumped out my box of Junior Mints on the floor.  Luckily I saw her do it, so she only got one in her mouth.

The other day I was trying to get a cake frosted, and Bella would not stop screaming.  It was at that magical 'witching hour' around five o'clock.  There was no way I could frost a cake with one hand, so eventually I broke down and gave the finished frosting bowl to her.

Apparently you have to go head first to really get it all.
Last week we made daddy a "You Are Special" cake, and Logan really enjoyed it as well.
We gave Bella her first corn on the cob, and she LOVED it.
Here is a short video to show you how much she enjoyed it.

6 comments:

Peggy Glasmann said...

I love watching kids eat corn on the cob. It is so much fun. I love Bella's curls. How cute!!

Safire said...

Love that corn on the cob. I'll have to try that with my boys.

As for forks and stuff...time and practice is the only way she's going to get it. Just keep at it and she'll figure it out eventually. I think B was 2 or even 2 and a half before she really got it, but I didn't let her use it as much as I probably should have. :)

tylerandmommy said...

You are SO lucky she is willing to try new foods! Having a picky eater stinks. And I love how she is ALWAYS SO smiley! She is so cute!

Tia Hopper said...

Oh my gosh that video is hilarious!! :) If only her mouth was just a big bigger she could get it all inside! :)

Dan and Bec said...

Ah-Ha, so that explains the white in Bella's hair the other day! You are great Shauna! Sorry it was such a rough evening for you! Better luck next time I am sure!:)
I have no idea how to avoid messes every time we eat! Though Jake's face and cloths usually are pretty clean the floor under him is always another story!!

Lis said...

Okay, seriously- is that how you get your kids to SMILE SOOOOOOOOO MUCH? jr MINTS???????? Im going to the store RIGHT NOW!!!! haha!