I decided to write down some of the things that I want to do while in Oregon, so I don't forget. Here's a few things on my 'to do list', just incase anyone is interested.
1. Going to the temple to finally be sealed. It's been a long time coming. Everything has been so difficult in the adoption process, that part of me keeps thinking something is going to go wrong. I can only imagine what a wonderful and incredible day that will be.
2. Introducing everyone to Logan. Yeah! My parents are the only ones in Oregon who have gotten to meet Logan. Everyone back in Oregon went through the ups and downs of Logan's adoption, but they haven't gotten to reap the wonderful blessing of getting to know him. I can't wait for everyone to get to meet him.
3. Spending time with all our family and friends. I don't think a month is going to be long enough. Time really flies when you are having fun.
4. I can't wait for the extra help I'll have with the kids. It's so nice to know that there will be an extra set of hands all day.
5. I have a few places that I can't wait to eat at again: Mother's Bistro, American Dream Pizza, the French bakery Le Patissier, Francesco's for gelato, the Sweet Life bakery. My mouth is watering just thinking of it all. I think I will also have to add Arleta Library Bakery Cafe, and Bubba's Diner. I just saw a show on food network about them. I have four words for you; creme brulee french toast. Yum!
6. Going to the farmer's market and getting freshly made kettle corn.
7. Taking the kids to visit the Oregon coast.
8. Relaxing with a good book on the swing in my parents yard.
9. Having a Bar-B-Que at my parents house with all the "old crowd", just like the old days. I really missed our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party and Halloween Costume Party.
10. Picking wild blackberries in my parent's yard.
11. Knowing that if I wanted to go on more than one date in a week with my husband my parents wouldn't mind watching the kiddos for us.
12. Visiting the great second hand store in Albany and stocking up on clothes for the kids.
13. I would love to get to meet Brenley and Tia if the opportunity arises. I have really enjoyed getting to know them from their blogs, and would love to finally meet these fantastic ladies in person.
14. Getting a haircut!!! I haven't gotten one since I left Oregon, and it's driving me crazy. All the haircut places here are insanely priced, so I've just been waiting till I go back to Oregon.
I'm sure I will add more to my list. These were just a few things that were on my mind. I still can't believe we get to come back to Oregon for a visit. I think I will have a perma-smile for the next few months.
9 comments:
Maybe we sould have an ugly sweater/halloween party while you're here. Forget that it's not actually Christmas or Halloween and that most of us will be living in Portland by that time. ;) It would still be fun.
This sounds like an awesome trip! I spent a month with my mom last year, and it wasn't long enough. This year, 6 weeks! I love not having school to worry about. :)
That is awesome... I am so happy for you, that you get to bring the kids home and get sealed. What a prefect summer holiday!
No way, we are going to take a visit to Veneta/Eugene in August as well because our friend Meranda is coming back from her mission at the end of July! I would love to see you guys if we could! Wouldn't it be so fun to have our kids play together at a park or something?!
Just let me know the day you want to have the - "Get to know Logan, Happy Temple Sealing, Ugly Christmas Sweater, Halloween, Valentines, 4th of July, 24th of July .... Holiday" Party and I'll have the house and food ready for ya.
Love,
Mimi (mom)
EEK! I'm so excited for you!!! Okay. I'm glad you mentioned a hair cut on your list (that's what I do every time I go back to Utah) because I finally decided to get up the nerve to try out the Paul Mitchell school here in Rockville... but I'm too chicken to actually go alone so I was going to call you and see if you wanted to go get a haircut with me! Ha ha! But then I thought you'd think I was a nerd. But anyway, my neighbor goes to school there and she has the cutest hair and the mannequin heads she carries around also have the cutest hair, so it might be worth a try. Shall we take a chance and cut our hair in Maryland? You can always get it fixed in Oregon in August! :)
OH YEAH - Travis & I went to an ugly Christmas sweater ward party one year. We should totally have one this Christmas! Will you guys be here for Christmas? We will! Can't believe I'm already thinking about Christmas. And also, can't believe I'm still writing long irrelevant comments on your blog.
Hey if you guys end up doing the ugly sweater party, we'd love to come. We're in albany now and I would love to meet your super cute kids and show off my own new addition. Oregon is great, I'm glad you're getting a chance to come back for a bit!
Yeah for visits home!! I hope I get to see you while you're here :)
Post a Comment