Our Memorial Day didn't go exactly according to plan, but most importantly we were able to spend the day together as a family. Sunday ended up a little rough for our family. Jeff and I had recently been talking about how lucky we were that neither one of our kids have ever thrown up. I guess we should have knocked on some wood or something, because Logan decided that during sacrament meeting was the perfect time to break us in. Actually I should say that he broke Jeff in, because the majority of it landed on him.
For some reason I ended up getting a migraine that night. I'm not sure why?!? I really wanted to go to a parade on Monday morning celebrating Memorial Day, but none of us were really up for it. After we relaxed and got back on our feet, we headed over to a ward picnic. Jeff gave a presentation about the importance of Memorial Day and why we celebrate it. He did a great job.
It was so warm and humid at the picnic. Aren't Logan's pink checks adorable! I'm beginning to understand what people are talking about when they say that the summers get really nasty here. Now I'm thinking it's good that we are leaving for the whole month of August.
We also got to experience a downpour during the picnic. I could not keep Bella out of it. She loved playing in the rain.
There was also a moon~bounce for the kids to play in. Jeff was a good sport and went in with Bella.
Logan wanted nothing to do with the moon~bounce. He refused to get in, even when Jeff got in with Bella.
Jeff's facial expressions in these next two pictures crack me up. He sure is a good daddy.
At the end of the picnic we let Bella have her first slice of watermelon, and she LOVED it.
On the way home it was pretty interesting seeing the roads flooded, because of the rain we were getting. It reminds me of when I lived in Texas. Crazy huh!?!
10 comments:
I remember that EXACT SAME intersection on the way home, and it looks even worse in the picture! I was only a few minutes ahead of you! I remembered it because this car went plowing through right into the intersection and I was sure he would get stuck. Then he sat there in the lake in the intersection (in the MIDDLE) waiting for the light to turn green. Sorry, that was random. I feel so bad we missed the whole Memorial Day presentation part! I love all your pictures though! Kate threw a fit on the way home because she decided she wanted to try the moon bounce after all! Ha ha! Glad Bella had fun with it anyway!
Oof. Throwing-up little kids is the worst! Always makes me feel so bad for the little guys. And why do they always pick church??? Been there, done that!
We loved it when it would do that at the beach. It would be 100 degrees and then pour rain and everything would flood. Kind of fun. If we make it back this summer I will let you know and you can come and meet me at a real beach!!
Awww poor Logan! (And Jeff). Throwing up kids are NO fun! I hope he is feeling better. I love your pics of Bella and Logan at the picnic - it's so fun to see how different their personalities are. Where are you headed for all of August??
In the middle of sacrament, huh? Hope Jeff's suit was scotch guarded..... The picnic looked great. I love how soaking wet Bella is in all the pictures. Maybe when you get home Boy will see how much more fun you can have when you're up and walking like Bella, and then he'll finally take off. That little girl sure seems to be on the move!
It was a great BBQ! I have a cute one of Bella and my boys I'll have to share. :)
So many crazy things in this post. 1. I love Jeff's two polar opposite faces in the jumpy house!
2. I can't believe Logan threw up IN CHURCH!! That sucks!! Lylee got a one day flu this last winter and was throwing up all over the house. It was weird and she didn't know how to react. She would throw her body all over the place like a seizure which in turn sent the puke flying. 3. I can't believe Logan wasn't into the jumpy house! I can't keep my kids out of them! 4. What crazy hot/torrential rainy weather! What a funny weekend, at least for me it was funny! :) Maybe not so much for you!
I have some pictures of Bella from the picnic. She was so cute, running around in the rain!
Sounds like we missed out on an AWESOME party!! I totally forgot that it rained Monday afternoon! Looks like the kids enjoyed it though. Cute pics- as always!
HEY! that looks like TEXAS FOR ME THIS LAST WEEKEND! I had to PULL OVER! You'll have to share your TX rain stories with me! Im excited! I cant believe the yogurt mess your kids made! Hilarous!!!! I should knock on wood for saying this but I havent had anything too bad...... YET! haha!
Post a Comment